Hi, I’m Amber!
I serve people who desperately want to gain control of their pelvic health. I give my patients the tools they need to resolve urinary, fecal, sexual, or pelvic pain dysfunction, once and for all. I have a passion for helping women optimize their pregnancy, birth, and postpartum experience. Additionally, I love to serve people as they walk through their cancer journey by helping to manage fatigue, scars, fibrosis, and lymphedema.
Professional highlights include:
- Earning my doctoral degree at Elon University in North Carolina.
- Completion of a post-doctoral Women’s and Pelvic Health Residency at the Baylor Institute of Rehabilitation in partnership with Texas Women’s University in Dallas, TX.
- Being the only residency trained, board certified specialist (WCS) within a 5 hour radius of Baton Rouge!
- Moonlighting as a high-risk doula for my orthopedically complicated patients.
- Creating a high risk, bed rest, and postpartum C-Section in home care program with Pinnacle Home Health in Baton Rouge.
- Being the youngest person to ever be elected to the Board of Directors for the American Physical Therapy Association’s (APTA) Section on Women’s Health (SOWH).
- Winner of the 2015 APTA’s Emerging Leader Award.
When I’m not treating patients or reading recent scientific studies, I can be found behind a boat on False River, practicing my Olympic lifts in the garage, or having a tickle fight with my husband, daughter, and 2 pekingese puppies.
If you’re dying to know more, here are 7 fun facts you might not know about me:
- I can peel a crawfish in 3 seconds flat.
- Bread > chocolate. All day, every day.
- I read the entire Twilight series in 3 days. Don’t judge.
- Sweating is the bane of my existence.
- I really want get a tattoo of a two-hump camel on my big toe. That way, I’ll always have a camel toe!
- A patient once described me as a “Vagician.” Now, I can die happy.
- My love language is the Pumpkin Spiced Latte.
To work with me, call to set up an appointment at (225)286-9619 or have your physician fax an order for treatment to +1(225)286-7875.
I’m looking forward to helping you navigate a path to healing!